Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Grateful, damn right I am!

I am extremely grateful for these three people in life my Mom, my husband/best friend Vince, and last but not least my awesome little man Max but this blog will be about my strong Puerto Rican mother.

My mom of course don't see eye on eye everything and man did we get on each others nerves when I was younger. Trust me there were plenty of times I got the beat down with the chancla(sandal for non puerto ricans)But she's has always been there for me. My life would be very different without her help and guidance. This woman is amazing, she has been through so much crap throughout her life, bankruptcy, two failed marriages, poverty, physical/emotional abuse and the list goes on. But she's one tough cookie and she always manages to get back on her feet and stay positive. And today I have been thinking about her, she's been having stomach pains and has not been able to eat lately and she went in for an ultrasound, results will be in Friday. They think gall stones, but will see. I called her today and of course she brushed it off and was getting ready for another double shift at the hospital, but I could tell in her voice she was at least a little scared. She asked me " What are you worried about your mother?" and I responded like my son Max would have responded " Of course I love my mommy!". Love you mom, just want you to be happy and healthy (and help me with my gardening because I still need a lot help!)

1 comment:

  1. I hope everything is okay with your Mom, Lilly!! :)

    ReplyDelete